701 W 8th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501
Main: (907) 274-0666
Anna Cometa brings over a decade of litigation experience to Homes, Weddle, & Barcott. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Cometa served the Mat-Su Valley as a Magistrate Judge and Standing Master, where she presided over civil, criminal, and probate matters. Prior to becoming a judge, Ms. Cometa worked for the Alaska Department of Law for eight years as an Assistant Attorney General in the Child Protection and Torts and Worker’s Compensation sections; and later as an Assistant District Attorney where she handled special victim cases.
Ms. Cometa currently practices commercial litigation in the Anchorage office. She is active in the Anchorage arts community and serves on an advisory council for the Anchorage Opera.
- Commercial Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
Admitted to Practice
- Massachusetts 2011
- Alaska 2013
- Bachelors of Science in Theater, Syracuse University, College of Visual and Performing Arts 2008
- Bachelors of Science in United States History, Syracuse University, Maxwell College of Citizenship 2008
- Juris Doctor, Suffolk University Law School, cum laude
- Macaronis Civil Litigation Concentration, with distinction
- Distinguished Oral Advocate Award